The historian Crane Brinton in his book "Anatomy of a Revolution" laid out the common route to revolution.
The preconditions for successful revolution, Brinton argued, are:
- discontent that affects nearly all social classes,
- widespread feelings of entrapment and despair,
- unfulfilled expectations,
- a unified solidarity in opposition to a tiny power elite,
- a refusal by scholars and thinkers to continue to defend the actions of the ruling class,
- an inability of government to respond to the basic needs of citizens,
- a steady loss of will within the power elite itself and defections from the inner circle,
- a crippling isolation that leaves the power elite without any allies or outside support and,
- finally, a financial crisis.
THE TIME IS NOW!